Skip to content

Frequently Asked Questions in a First Aid Course

Home  >  About

Having confusion about First aid course?

Or do you have lot of questions related to first aid course in your mind?

We will help you through if you are willing to or planning to get certified or trained at first aid course any time soon! But before we jump into the topic deeply lets first know what first aid course is about? Is it just about that medical supplies box almost available everywhere or is it more?
First aid is much more than a medical supply box available at your home yes you can provide first aid beyond the medical supply, you can add more value to life if you get professional training first aid course. First aid course can actually do wonders for an individual in best possible ways! And it is not only beneficial for others but also for you as it’ll give you more confidence and help you calm nerves in most crucial situations in life as well.

What does a Basic First Aid course teach?
The basic first aid course will help participants learn how to respond to common emergencies, including: cuts; burns; head, neck and back injuries; bleeding; sprains; broken bones; shock, and more. For every individual it is essential to get basic first aid course for better understanding of how to handle pressure situations.
What does the Basic First Aid course content consist of?
Course content is what concerns the participants the most. The content of first aid basics includes scene safety, finding the problem, and calling for help. Also, medical emergencies includes actions for choking, breathing problems, shock, and more. For injury emergencies include actions for bleeding, broken bones, burns, and more, Environmental emergencies includes actions for bites and stings, actions for heat stroke and hypothermia, and poison emergencies. After the completion of course there is a written test at the end of the course.

 
Does every Basic First Aid course include CPR training?
This is most frequent question asked when it comes to basic first aid course among people. Well your answer is no, the Basic First Aid course does not include CPR. Yes but participants have the option to take the First Aid, CPR and AED class which includes all 3 subjects. First aid knowledge also includes adult CPR and AED, child CPR and AED, and infant CPR and AED. You can also choose Pediatric First Aid and CPR Class, which will cover adult, child, and infant CPR while focusing on the most common pediatric first aid emergencies.
 
For whom the Basic First Aid course designed for?
The First Aid course is designed for anyone who is interested in learning first aid skills or anyone with little to no medical training or a person who needs a course completion card to meet job, regulatory or other requirements. It is also suitable for anyone who would like to know how to respond to common emergencies. This includes parents, grandparents, nannies, daycare workers, and school teachers. Even if you’re just a normal citizen you should take this course for healthy living. 
Is the Basic First Aid course enough for healthcare professionals?
Well the Basic First Aid course is meant for laypeople with little to no medical training only. But if you’re a Healthcare professional and looking just to begin your required certifications then it is recommended to look into the Basic Life Support (BLS) course for better understanding of basic life saving certificate.
 
Is there a Basic First Aid course only targeted for those with child interaction?
Ok do you feel the need of first aid course because you have children at home or if work at daycare? Yes, you should if you’re looking for a First Aid course that is specific to helping children and infants, then you must go for first aid course as it teaches you how to give adult, child and infant CPR and AED, and how to treat common first aid emergencies in children and infants too.
 
What is the structure for the Basic First Aid course?
The structure of Basic First Aid courses is based on hands-on, classroom-based and led by an instructor who works in the healthcare industry. Class includes video for learning and hands-on practice of the skills that you are learning.  You’ll be required to give a written test at the end of the class.
 
How long does the Basic First Aid course take to complete?
For the most Basic First Aid course it will takes approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes to complete. However, if you are looking for something more advance it might take 2-3 months.
 
Does a participant receive a course certification card after completing the First Aid course?
Well of course every participant who have successfully completed all portions and learning tasks of the First Aid course receive a course certification card that is valid for 2 years.
Can I break ribs when I do CPR?
The most common fear witness in beginners is there are scared to perform. You are not wrong if you are assuming it as CPR Rib fractures can occur when doing CPR chest compressions. Although, it does not happen all the time, in every situations, and is not necessarily something a person is trying to do. As long as the person doing CPR is performed correctly like compressing one half to one third of the person’s chest depth at least 2 inches on an adult, the CPR is effective. If you ever hear cracking while you are giving compressions, do make sure your hands are in the correct position and continue compressing.
What is the success rate of CPR?
Does this question often popped in your mind like is CPR effective? You might not know this but CPR, when performed immediately after cardiac arrest, can double or triple a person’s chance of survival. About 90% of people who experience an out-of-hospital cardiac arrest die. So, what can you do to increase the rate of survival? If you’re able to respond immediately, call 911, and apply an AED (Automated External Defibrillator) within one minute of the cardiac arrest, with AED the chance of survival can be up to 90%! This chance decreases to about 10% every minute that goes by without an AED.
That is the reason why having an AED accessible in busy public locations like airports, malls and government buildings is essential.

How can I be confident that I am performing CPR correctly?
It’s all about how you tackle critical situation, your level of confidence will correspond with your level of training and how you were trained. First aid is a physical skill, it is very important to practice to get perfect that is the majority of first aid courses are conducted by doing hands-on skill practice or realistic emergency scenarios.

get Trained to Save a Life

Every Person Trained is a Life Saved